The Coldwell Banker Homes for Dogs Project was launched earlier this year, with a very lofty goal of getting 20,000 dogs adopted in 2015. The events and fundraisers held so far are doing a fantastic job. In fact, many of your events have been so effective you’ve inspired a nationwide effort.
Continuing the partnership with Adopt-a-Pet.com, we’ve announced the first-ever Homes for Dogs National Pet Adoption Weekend!
This is a great (and EASY!) way for every Coldwell Banker company across the country to get involved in a project that could be ultimate in community outreach because of the number of people that will connect with the cause.
Americans love their dogs! More US Households have dogs than have children – and people consider their dogs to be a part of the family. When you tie your business to an initiative that helps dogs in need, you can spark an emotional connection with your existing and potential client. Plus, much of the rental inventory is not pet-friendly, so the ability to have pets – especially dogs – is an obvious advantage to home ownership.
And the best part is, you don’t have to be a pet adoption expert or even an expert event planner! The shelters in the Adopt-a-Pet.com network are already hard at work planning their events. All you have to do is find a participating shelter in your area and help them spread the word about the Homes for Dogs National Pet Adoption Weekend.
WHEN: August 1-2, 2015.
HOW DOES IT WORK: 1. Go to http://www.adoptapet.com/homesfordogs to find a list of shelters and rescues who are participating in the Homes For Dogs National Pet Adoption Weekend.
2. Search for a shelter or rescue in your area to find out when and where they are holding their adoption event.
If there aren’t any shelters or rescues in your area already signed up to participate, you can search http://www.adoptapet.com/animal-shelters for a complete list of the shelters using Adopt-a-Pet.com.
3. Reach out to your local shelter to let them know that you want to help with their adoption event.
If the shelter isn’t signed up yet, ask them to sign up using this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HomesForDogs
4. Visit coldwellbankerworks.com to customize and download social assets, flyers, fill-in-the-blank press releases, a newsreader – even find a professional :30 video to share.
5. Use your newly created assets to promote the event in your local area – to clients, in local businesses, on local radio and on your social media pages (here’s a blog post to share) (remember to use #HOMEROCKS).
6. Show up on August 1 and 2 to help dogs find forever homes!
NATIONAL PROMOTION: We’re promoting the Homes for Dogs National Pet Adoption Weekend at the national level, too! Look for the promotional video above to run on:
LXTV Open House July 25 – 26 and August 1- 2
Other NBC programming, like the Today show, throughout the week of July 27.
WANT TO DO MORE? If you’re looking to make a bigger splash in your market. Here are a few tips from Coldwell Banker Kennon, Parker, Duncan & Davis (KPDD) in Columbus, Ga. (read more here):
1. Find related pet services to participate – think groomers, trainers or doggie day-care.
2. Run a fund-raiser or supply donation in conjunction with the adoption weekend.
REPORT YOUR EFFORTS Whether you post flyers, hold a donation drive or lend a hand during the weekend, report all your hours and adoptions on the Coldwell Banker Heroes page.